Ventnor Farmers Market will run every Friday from 8:30-noon...May 26 thru Sept 1.All vendors will be required to show proof of insurance, complete a use of facilities form and a hold harmless form, board of health, etc. Parking will be made available. Ventnor tables will be 10x10 space. The vendor fee will be $225.00 for the entire season. No plastic bags will be used, except for seafood vendors. Please bring your own bags.
What products can I find at the Market?
The list of products is changing and growing everyday, but our goal is to provide locally and regionally grown fruits & vegetables, plants, flowers & herbs, dairy products, meat products, bakery goods, honey, coffee, and a variety of prepared specialty foods.
Are all of the vendors and farmers organic?
No. Although the Market will definitely have organic farmers and vendors, be sure to ask them how they grow or produce their products.
Will the Market be open if it rains?
The Market Managers will make every effort to keep the Market open on rainy days. In the event of weather situations that make it unsafe for vendors and shoppers, the Market Managers will make the decision to close.
Can I bring my pet to the Market?
Four-legged friends are welcome to stroll the market with you. We ask that you adhere to the following pet policy:
- Dogs must be kept on a short, non-expandable leash. No exceptions.
- Keep your dog under control and by your side at all times.
- Keep dogs away from produce, plants and other food products. This means head and tail ends!
- Your dog must be sociable to people and other dogs to earn the right to shop at the market.
- Not everyone is a dog lover: Be considerate.
- Come prepared to clean up after your dog!
Are Volunteers needed?
Volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks.
- Setup: Help set up canopies, umbrellas, tables, chairs, and signs from 7:00 to 8:30 AM. This position can include heavy lifting.
- Greeters move throughout the market answering questions and directing customers to their favorite vendors. Greeters give market-vendors bathroom breaks, take pictures, and perform the hourly customer count. This volunteer role involves more interaction with customers and vendors than any other.
- Information Booth: Info Booth volunteers staff the Ventnor City Farmers’ Market booth. Duties include answering customer questions, selling market merchandise, and filling in for the customer count when needed.
- Breakdown: Help take down canopies, umbrellas, tables, chairs, and signs from 12:00 to 1:00 PM. This position can include heavy lifting.
Go to the “Contact” page and select “Volunteer” from the drop-down menu.
Or email Market Managers, Penni, Andy, and Maria: email@example.com
How can I become a vendor at the Ventnor City Farmers’ Market?
Vendor applications can be downloaded from this web site on the Vendors page.
Applications can also be requested via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do the vendors accept credit cards?
Some merchants do accept credit cards. If technology issues arise, vendors might be unable to process credit cards, therefore, we encourage patrons to pay with cash.
Please note: the closest ATM is located at the corner of Portland and Ventnor Avenues at Ocean City Home Bank.