Beachtag info for the Downbeach towns of Ventnor, Margate and Longport. Get ready for Summer 2019.
Note: There is a limited number of guarded Downbeach beaches starting Memorial Day weekend. All beaches will be guarded starting July 4th weekend. Remember: Swim only where lifeguards are present.
Longport Beach Info
Purchase Longport beach badges: 9a. to 4p., Monday through Friday at Longport Borough Hall, 2305 Atlantic Ave.
Preseason: $15 -After 6/1 $30. More info: 609-823-2731
Tags are free for active duty military members with proper service identification.
- Longport surfing beaches: 12th, 22nd, 28th and 32nd ave
- Kayak launches: 14th & 15th, 22nd & 23rd ave, 27th & 29th ave, 32nd and 33rd ave.
MARGATE Beach Info
Beach tags on sale at Bloom Pavilion, behind library at 101 S. Huntington Ave., and the Margate Municipal Building, 9001 Winchester Ave.
Preseason price is $7. After 6/1 price rises to $15. More info: 609-822-2606
- Margate and Ventnor share beach tag privileges
- Tags are free to active duty military members with appropriate service identification.
VENTNOR Beach Info
Ventnor beach tags are for sale 9a to 4p. Monday through Friday at Ventnor City Hall, 6201 Atlantic Ave.
Preseason price is : $7. After 5/31, price rises to $15. More info: 609-823-7991
- Margate tags honored in Ventnor
- Military tags are free with proper ID.
Ventnor Beach barbecues are permitted on weekends through September, Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.
- Somerset Ave: Hobie Cat beach
- Princeton Ave: Kayak launch
- Surfing allowed next to Ventnor Fishing Pier
- Beach volleyball at Cambridge Avenue next to fishing pier.