Ventnor, Margate and Brigantine parents want to know if Atlantic City High School is safe for their kids. All three shore towns are ‘sending’ districts to AC High.
STILL NO COMMENT from School Superintendent Small: ACHS teacher arrested and charged with criminal sexual contact with a student.
Harry Hurley WPG Radio commented on this new case, and pending cases involving the sexual abuse of students. Hurley spoke with Atlantic City School Board member, John Devlin on Oct 3, 2022.
Listen to clips:
Radio host Hurley: La’Quetta and Atlantic City Mayor Marty Small appeared to fail miserably when their cousin Kayan Frazier was directly involved in a disturbing situation with a minor child.
Atlantic City Superintendent of Public Schools is La’Quetta Small, she’s the wife of Atlantic City Mayor, Marty Small.
Frazier pled guilty to child exploitation involving sexual abuse and child pornography and was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison.
During that time, the Small’s avoided the issue involving their cousin, Kayan Frazier, who worked as a substitute teacher under School Principal, LaQuetta Small.
After months of Frazier bouncing around as a substitute for multiple AC elementary schools, LaQuetta was ultimately forced to let her relative go, by not ‘re-hiring’ him.
Small knew that a young elementary school student was staying overnight at Frazier’s home.
AC BOE member John Devlin:
- How did it happen?
- What are you doing to make sure it doesn’t happen again?
- Who endorsed/signed-off on Frazier getting state job?
- When will parents get easy access to watch AC school board meetings online?
- Why are school security cameras not up-to-date and secure?
See ugly 75 page FBI report about Kayan Frazier and LaQuetta Small.95-page-FBI-portrait
Hurley: Atlantic County Commissioners passed a resolution to investigate why NJ State hired someone already known for highly inappropriate activity with a young student. No update on what happened next.
- Ventnor Mayor Beth Holtzman supports ACBOE & LaQuetta Small.
- Ventnor sends approx 200 students to ACHS at annual taxpayer cost of $4 million.
- Ventnor rep voted to stop funding independent, student abuse investigation.
- Ventnor rep voted YES to give outgoing AC school boss, Barry Caldwell, a 12% raise. (Caldwell is defendant in student abuse lawsuit)
Hard to believe: After being ‘let go’, Frazier was hired by the State of New Jersey for a job that works directly with kids. Who endorsed Frazier? Why didn’t the Small’s speak up? Did NJ State education officials properly vet Frazier?
When will Ms Small release latest school curriculum?
Questions remain: Is LaQuetta Small qualified to keep students safe? Her track record suggests the answer is clearly no.
Why didn’t Small address the issue with the community? How did it happen? What will LaQuetta Small do to ensure it will never happen again?