Is the ice cream cone dead? Well, not exactly. But ‘Peace Pie’ in Ventnor wants you to consider going cone-less every so often.
NOW OPEN. Peace Pie is a homemade ice cream sandwich with a luscious layer of pie filling and/or other toppings, on variety of cookies or sweet crackers. Whoa. Deliciously decadent.
Peace, Love & Pie-Filling. Peace Pie. The Ice Cream Sandwich with a Layer of Pie Filling.
Let’s talk to the ‘Pops of Peace Pie’, Jerry Klause, proprietor of this fine establishment on Ventnor Ave, next to #7311 Coffee.
WATCH VIDEO >
The Peace Pie story is rooted in the true spirit of the american dream. Six years ago, founder and creator Jerry Klause, made an ice cream “pecan pie lasagna” for family and friends to enjoy. He realized, after a few tequilas, that he stumbled across a delicious creation that was sure to be loved by the masses.
Unique. Delicious. Homemade.
Some crazy, tasty Peace Pies you may want to enjoy…..
- Purple Rain Peace Pie – Blueberry ice cream with chocolate mousse on chocolate shortbread
- Creme de la Creme Brûlée Peace Pie – toffee crusted custard over homemade brown sugar ice cream.
- Salted Caramel Peace Pie – Vanilla ice cream, apple pie, and homemade salted caramel on a cinnamon shortbread cookie.
- Caramel Corn Peace Pie – Homemade brown sugar ice cream, caramel corn, chocolate mousse, on a chocolate cookie.
- Peaches’N Cream Peace Pie – Peach ice cream & vanilla mousse on a graham cracker cookie.
A few years back, the Klause family team set out to share their ice cream sandwiches with the local summer crowds of South Jersey farmers markets and festivals.
In Spring 2015, they took the leap and opened an actual retail store in Cape May. They never looked back. This lead to the opening of the second Peace Pie storefront in Charleston, South Carolina in the spring of 2016. You can also get your Peace Pies at 7th and the Boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ.
7307 Ventnor Ave
Ventnor City, NJ 08406