The Mayor and Commissioners of the City of Margate have taken the following actions in response to the Coronavirus outbreak:
• All Municipal Buildings will close at the end of business on Monday, March 16, and remain closed until further notice. All non-essential functions will be suspended.
• There is a drop box at the main entrance where payment of utility bills and/or taxes can be deposited. Payments may also be made online at the City’s website.
• All Municipal Meetings including but not limited to Regular Commission Meetings and Planning Board are canceled until further notice. Proper notice will be provided for Special or Emergency Commission meetings where Municipal business may be conducted.
• The Commission Meeting scheduled for March 19, 2020 is cancelled. A Special Meeting will be held by teleconference at 10 a.m. on Wednesday March 18, 2020. The purpose of the special meeting will be to conduct essential business necessitated by the current emergency.
• The Municipal Court session scheduled for March 23 is cancelled.
• The Margate Library is closed until further notice. Please do not attempt to return materials, the book drops will be locked. Return materials after the Library reopens. All fines and fees will be waived.
• The Public Works Department will be working on an Emergency call basis only.
• Police, Fire and EMS service will continue as usual.
The City of Margate will be coordinating with all Agencies’ to mitigate the impact of this coronavirus outbreak on our residents, visitors and employees.
We urge everyone to adhere to the guidelines being issued by the Center for Disease Control and Board of Health.
Please continue to monitor the City website and Facebook page for updates as we all move forward together through these difficult times.
Please pass this information on to your family, friends and neighbors and urge them to register for our CodeRed system on the home page at www.Margate-nj.com and the newsletter by sending the word SUBSCRIBE to email@example.com.
Thank you for your expected cooperation.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information: Have general questions about COVID-19? Call the public hotline!
Call the NJ COVID-19 & Poison Center Public Hotline at
1-800-962-1253 or 1-800-222-1222.
Trained professionals are standing by to answer your call 24/7 OR visit nj.gov/health.
NOTE: Hotline is not to locate testing, to get test results, or for medical advice.