Margate Engineering Status Report from Remington and Vernick Engineers.
Beach Thoroughfare Dredging
- NJDEP approved a Sediment Sampling and Analysis Plan on 3/24/17
- JPP permit coordination meetings held on 12/13/17 and 7/15/18
- Scope revised to include dredging Sunset Canal, Orient Canal, Bayshore Lagoon, Beach Thoroughfare
- Dredge material would be utilized to restore the salt marsh Shelter Island
- City’s grant consultant submitted application to National Fish & Wildlife Foundation for planning/design
- RVE proposal for engineering services pending approval of NFWF funding
Amherst Avenue Bulkhead Investigation
- Authorization to proceed was forwarded to Arthur W. Ponzio Company and Associates on 8/7/18
- Met on site with Arthur W. Ponzio Company and Associates on 9/19/18
- Our office is working with Arthur W. Ponzio Company and Associates to prepare plans and specifications.