Attention All Margate City Residents: This is a list of all operational changes for the City of Margate and important resources during the COVID-19 situation.
- Police, Fire and EMS service will continue as usual.
- The municipal facilities remain closed to the public but with key personnel working modified schedules to perform the essential functions of our government. You may still pay taxes and utility bills online, by mail or by use of the drop box outside the main entrance.
- All Municipal Meetings including but not limited to Regular Commission Meetings and Planning Board will be conducted via Teleconference. Proper notice will be provided for all meetings on the Website.
- The Municipal Court session are suspended through April 26. Click Here for the notice: https://www.margate-nj.com/…/u…/municipal_court_covid-19.pdf.
- All recreation facilities, including playgrounds, ball fields and basketball courts are CLOSED until further notice.
- All Beach Badge Sales are suspended until May 1, 2020. Reservations are being accepted via mail.
- The Margate Library is closed until further notice.
- All Margate City Recreation Programs are suspended until further notice.
- The Margate City Senior Citizen Pavilion will be closed until further notice.
- Senior Bus Service is suspended until further notice.
- The Public Works Department will be working on an Emergency call basis only.
- Trash and Recycle will be on normal schedules. For further information check with the ACUA at (609) 272-6950 or their website http://www.acua.com/.
- The Municipal Yard is open for residents to drop off Trash/Recycle/Yard Waste on Wednesday 1pm to 3pm and Sunday 12pm to 6pm. Vegetative waste is being picked up on the normal schedule.
- All short-term Rental housing inspections have ceased until May 15.
- All yearly Rental and Land Use/Resale applications will be handled and scheduled for inspection on a case by case basis.
- Please visit the website for more detail on these changes.
The community shredding event and beach cleanup scheduled for April 25 has been canceled.
The city wide yard sale and rabies clinic scheduled for May 2 has been canceled, any payments will be refunded.
- Smoke Detector Program – We will still provide smoke detectors to the residents, we will just not be installing them at the present time.
- Routine Incident Response – We are limiting the number of personnel responding and entering the residence, precautionary for our personnel and for the residents.
- Travel is restricted for all non-essential and non-emergency purposes.
- All non-essential businesses are to be closed until further notice.
- All essential businesses must be closed by 8pm.
State of New Jersey Department of Health – https://www.nj.gov/health/
The NJDOH also offers a hotline (1-800-222-1222) for the public to ask questions about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus. The hotline is being operated by the New Jersey Poison Information and Education System (NJPIES), also known as the New Jersey Poison Center.
CDC Web Site: https://www.cdc.gov/
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID 19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID 19) Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavir…/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html