The Margate Planning Board approved minor site plan changes for Margate Food Truck. The vote was 6-3 in favor.
Concerns included affecting traffic on Franklin, Frontenac & Ventnor Ave.
Applicant agreed to install deterrent to stop gas station cut-through, and provide an updated lighting plan.
- Tom Collins. This is 3rd pass at site plan. (would be safer with no parking). VOTED NO.
- Clem Wasleski. Cited construction issues & traffic flow. Site can’t handle this type of project. VOTED NO.
- Rich Patterson. Creating site condition that is unsafe. VOTED NO.
- Mike Cristaldi. Bocca & other businesses have no parking. VOTED YES.
- Jim Galantino. VOTED YES.
- Craig Palmisano. It’s a tough corner. This business needs indoor seating. Chief of PD is OK with it. VOTED YES.
- Despina Hess. Chief reviewed it, deems it safe. VOTED YES.
- Remi Pelosi. VOTED YES.
- Mike Richmond. VOTED YES.
In other Downbeach meeting news:
Steve Woerner from Concerned Citizens of Margate, requested to Mayor Becker, that when appointing a new member of school board, please… we already have too many parents on the board. We need someone to represent senior citizens too.
Note: Ventnor and Longport are still not providing recorded audio of their meetings…online.
- Ventnor commissioners have promised to make their meetings more transparent, especially to the part-time homeowners that have no voting rights.
- Margate, Atlantic City & Brigantine have been providing a multitude of ways to access municipal meetings, via their respective websites.
- It’s becoming more common to record Council, School Board & Planning Board meetings, and promptly uploading the audio and/or video to free sites like YouTube.
- Ventnor and Longport have not yet adopted these best practices.
Margate Planning Board Meeting Dates
- FEBRUARY 22
- MARCH 29
- APRIL 26
- MAY 31
- JUNE 28
- JULY 26
- AUGUST 30
- SEPTEMBER 27
- OCTOBER 25
- NOVEMBER 29 (5th Thursday)
- DECEMBER 20 (3rd Thursday)