How will lifeguards get to the beach quickly? Margate will need to raise the elevation of it’s Beach Patrol Headquarters. Those new, towering sand dunes have blocked easy access and visibility to the ocean.
Margate Beach Headquarters, built in the mid 70’s, is located at Decatur Ave beach, adjacent to Lucy & The Greenhouse.
The city will be reimbursed by the Army Corps of Engineers. Sealed bids are due to Margate City Clerk by 11 a, Feb. 7.
In Ventnor, lifeguards will finally get a well-deserved pay raise. Ventnor lifeguard salaries started at $9.50 per hour.
A Ventnor Lifeguard can now earn:
- $12.95 per hour to start
- $14.67 for years 5+
- $18.13 for years 10+
- $21 for 18 yrs +
- Instructors earn $21.66
- Lieutenants $24.83
- Senior lieutenants $24.95
- Captains $31.77
- Chief earns $37.41 per hour
- $400 stipend for lifeguards certified as emergency medical technician.
- Daily rate of $88.92 for year 1
- $92.69 for a second year guard
- $163.13 for 18 years
Atlantic City Lifeguards
- Starting daily rate of $100.65
- Stay for 24 years and get $189 per day
- Daily rate starts at $93.65
- $180.30 per day after 18 years