Sarah Beth Johnson of Margate has been nominated for Superior Court Judge in Atlantic County.
Johnson is a Defense attorney at Fox Rothschild LLP in Atlantic City, elevated to partner in 2014.
Sarah Beth is the wife of outgoing NJ State Senator Colin Bell, together they have two children, Asher and Sloane.
If confirmed, Johnson would take over for recently retired Noah Bronkesh. Late Senator Jim Whelan supported the nomination of Johnson in Summer of 2016.
Sarah Beth’s current practice focuses on labor and employment law, including providing clients with advice and defending against discrimination and retaliation claims.
Some additional background:
- Graduate of Hammonton NJ. High School 1994.
- Graduate of Brown University and Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2005).
- Former law clerk to the Honorable James E. Isman, Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County, Criminal Division
- Volunteer as Special Civil mediator for Atlantic County Superior Court.
- Pro-bono counsel to Covenant House, Atlantic City.
- Conflict Prosecutor for her home town of Hammonton, NJ.
Seth Grossman, Executive director at LibertyandProsperity.com commented:
In my opinion, this is why Democrats win so many elections in New Jersey. Democrats consistently reward effective, hard-working candidates who win votes for their team, even when they don’t win themselves. Republicans too often use plum, political jobs to benefit relatives, friends or people who did them personal favors, even when the people getting those jobs do little or nothing to win votes for the team.