Estate planning and wills. Power of attorney. Appointment of the executor. These are topics most would prefer to avoid.
James Curcio, Atlantic County Surrogate, was a recent guest on the WEHA Community Radio Show with Dr. Thelma Witherspoon.
Curcio shared some simple, yet critical items to understand when dealing with end of life issues.
Getting stuff like this in order now… can make a tough situation later… a bit easier.
About Surrogate’s Court
A “Surrogate” is one who “takes the place of another.”
Probate of a Will is a legal process which the Surrogate establishes the validity of the Will and appoints the Executor.
- Appoint administrators of estates.
- Contested estates, adoptions, declaration of death
- Appointment of guardian for incapacitated persons
- Trustees and conservators
- Invests and maintains minor’s trust funds.
Atlantic County Surrogate’s Court Offices:
5911 Main Street
Mays Landing NJ 08330
1201 Bacharach Blvd. 2nd Floor
Atlantic City NJ 08401