For the past 13 years, Jon and Patty Talese operated a successful eatery on Asbury Avenue in Ocean City. Last year, they sold their namesake restaurant, Jon & Patty’s.
Soon thereafter, retirement was presumably put on hold. An opportunity arose for the couple to run a small, Ventnor Boardwalk based coffee bar & bistro.
Ventnor welcomes Queen Bean Coffee Bar & Bistro on the Boardwalk inside Vassar Square Condominiums.
Queen Bean Coffee Bar and Bistro now open daily through September.
The Queen Bean Coffee Bar and Bistro is named after Vassar’s heritage as the “Queen of the Boardwalk.”
Fresh From Home.
Jon & Patty’s recipes originated in their home. They wanted to cook for customers the same way they did at home.
They developed a restaurant theme: fresh, healthy, creative, affordable, bistro fare.
From scratch, small batch cooking.
Jon & Patty Talese are famous for home-made, fresh baked scones and muffins. Enjoy specialty coffee drinks including lattes, espresso, cappuccino, cold brew coffee, as well as Cuban coffee.
Queen Bean Ventnor Breakfast Menu:
- Avocado Toast – Ripe avocado mash with sea salt on house made multigrain toast served with fresh fruit and 2 eggs.
- Patty’s Apple Pie Oatmeal – Special recipe of whole oats baked with fresh apples, cinnamon, vanilla, milk and butter.
- Overnight Oats – Whole oats, almond milk, cinnamon, honey, coconut & vanilla soaked overnight, served with fresh fruit, house granola.
- Fruit, Yogurt & Granola Bowl – Seasonal fresh fruit with Greek vanilla yogurt and house made granola
- Banana Boat Acai Bowl – Berry acai with fresh banana, blueberry, strawberry and house made granola.
- The Queen’s Eggs – Two fresh eggs served with potatoes, toast.
- Build Your Omelet – A light, 3 egg omelet filled with any 3 items: spinach, tomato, peppers, onions, mushrooms, served w/ potatoes, toast.
- The Cheese Omelet – A 3 egg omelet with cheese served with potatoes and toast.
- Buttermilk Pancakes – 3 fluffy pancakes served with maple syrup, butter and dusted with powder sugar.
- French Toast – Brioche bread soaked in egg custard, nutmeg, orange zest, cinnamon, vanilla & cream, served w/ maple syrup, butter, dusted with powdered sugar.
- Lox Platter- Salmon lox served on bed of lettuce with cucumber, tomato, red onion, capers with bagel and cream cheese.
- Whitefish Platter- Whitefish salad served on a bed of lettuce with cucumber, tomato, red onion, capers with a bagel and cream cheese.
- Breakfast Sandwich – 2 grilled eggs, w/ cheese on a buttered roll served with potatoes.
Queen Bean Ventnor Lunch Menu:
- Queen’s Salad
- Classic Caesar Salad (+Chicken)
- Chicken Salad Platter
- Tuna Salad Platter
- Jon’s Cheesesteak
- Chef Shawn’s ‘Stand Out’ Burger
- Queen Bean Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- BLT & Avocado
- Green Queenwich
- Chicken or Tuna Salad Sandwich
- The Turkey Sandwich
- Caprese Sandwich
- Soup of the Day
Dine-in or take-out.