Due in part to AirBnB and other short-term rental websites, some Ventnor neighborhoods have become ‘motel zones’. That’s the general feeling of homeowners that prefer quiet, safe, residential neighborhoods.
That’s why Ventnor residents are pushing for a one week minimum rental stay, just like Margate. ‘Keeps out the riff-raff’.
On May 11, Ventnor Commissioners re-introduced an updated ordinance that places a variety of additional limits on short-term rental stays.
- 1 night minimum stay for studios and 1 bedroom units
- 2 nights minimum stay for 2 bedroom units
- 5 night minimum stay for 3 bedrooms or more.
Annual mercantile fee for Ventnor short term rentals:
- $500 for a studio or one-bedroom unit
- $750 for a two-bedroom unit
- $1,000 for a three-bedroom or more unit.
All units required to be inspected within 30 days of applying for mercantile license.
Occupancy limits shall be prominently displayed at main entrance of rental unit.
If property owner is an absentee landlord, the owner will identify a local contact who will be available 24-7 should problems arise.
Rentals are restricted to those ages 21+ with government issued identification.
Public hearings on ordinances: 5:30p, Thurs, May 25.