Over 200 gathered at Sofia’s in Margate this past Saturday to continue the fight against offshore wind turbines.
The ‘Save The Shore’ fundraiser was a superb event that raised plenty of much needed funds and public awareness.
Katie Finnegan is the President and a founding member of Defend Brigantine Beach, a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
Save The Shore fundraiser speakers included:
- Keith Moore – Defend Brigantine Beach
- Dr. Bob Stern – President, Save LBI
- Mike Ruffu – Downbeach Coalition
- Seth Grossman – Liberty & Prosperity
Save The Shore fundraiser at Sophia’s in Margate on Sat. Sept. 30, 2023.
Volunteers and fundraising committee of Defend Brigantine Beach and the Down Beach fundraiser.
Lori Goldsmid, Eileen Barker, Sherri Lilienfeld, Margie Reale, Michael Ruffu, Cynthia Pekarick, Judith Tyson, Katie Finnegan and Christine Mazzulo.
Countless hours of planning, weekly zoom calls and multiple group texts to merge together Brigantine, Ventnor, Margate, Longport and Atlantic City into a rousing successful fundraiser.
Thank you for all your dedication. It shined thru on a cloudy day.
Save The Shore Fundraiser
Elected officials In attendance:
- NJ Senator Vince Polistina.
- NJ Assembly Don Guardian.
- NJ Assembly Claire Swift.
- Brigantine Mayor Vince Sera.
- Brigantine Council members.
Elected officials Invited, but not in attendance:
- Mayors of Ventnor, Margate & Longport.
- Atlantic County Commissioners.
Marine Mammal Stranding Center did not participate in event.