LONGPORT ORDINANCE 2021-08 will prohibit operation of any Cannabis business within the boundary of Longport.
A public hearing and final vote will take place on Wed, June 2 at 4pm, inside Longport Borough Hall, 2305 Atlantic Ave.
New Jersey voters approved legalization of a controlled form of marijuana called “cannabis” for adults at least 21 years of age.
On February 22, 2021, NJ Governor Murphy signed into law the “New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory, Enforcement Assistance, and Marketplace Modernization Act”.
The Act establishes six marketplace classes of licensed businesses:
• Cannabis Cultivator: Growing and cultivating.
• Cannabis Manufacturer: Manufacturing, prep and packaging.
• Cannabis Wholesaler: Obtaining and selling cannabis items for resale.
• Cannabis Distributer: Businesses involved in transporting cannabis.
• Cannabis Retailer: Where cannabis and supplies are sold.
• Cannabis Delivery: Courier services for consumer purchases that are fulfilled by a licensed cannabis retailer.