Will safety and parking be affected? That’s what neighbors want to know about Margate Food Truck’s expansion plans. Owners of the 2-story lime green building shaped like a truck, want to expand their burger business at the corner of Ventnor & Frontenac Ave. Expansion could include a one-story addition with seating and bathrooms, as well as a new outdoor patio. They want a new location for their driveway on Frontenac Ave., too.
From the owners of the Margate Food Truck: It has come to our attention that there has been a few inaccurate and defamatory comments regarding the Margate Food Truck and it’s upcoming project.
Contrary to what has been erroneously posted, the proposed project is in fact quite beneficial to the City and its year around and summer residents.
1) The drive through is being closed off and curbed. This does two things: it creates at least one or two more on street parking spaces. This means that beachgoers can park in those extra spots rather than in front of your driveway. It also provides a clear division between motor vehicle traffic and pedestrian traffic.
Currently there’s a direct collision between motor vehicles and pedestrians in this area. This is a public safety hazard that must be addressed.
2) Motor vehicles that intend to park in the Margate Food Truck lot are now being directed through the rear drive alley which was the old Sun Bank drive through lane. This prevents motor vehicles from having to circle through the Frontenac neighborhood.
The traffic is directed into the Margate Food Truck property and onto Franklin Ave thereby bypassing all the homes in that area.
3) The indoor seating will provide year around Food service to Margate. Indoor seating cuts down in both littering and loitering in Margate. People who eat inside throw their trash away indoors rather than onto the street or your onto your lawn
4) It gives a place for kids to come to after football or soccer practice and in the summer, it gives kids a place to go instead of loitering outside WAWA causing trouble when all you want to do is pick up a cup of coffee.
5) It provides employment for citizens of Atlantic County.
The operators of the Margate Food Truck will be available by phone between 5-6 on Wed, Nov 29 to personally answer any concerns from the community. Call (609) 350-6525
Please come out November 30th, 6:30 pm at the Municipal Building on Union avenue in Margate to support this wonderful addition to Margate city.
Thank you for your confidence and trust.
Margate Food Truck.